October 2, 2017
It is the policy of Cape Atlantic INK to protect and advocate for the rights of youth / young adults and their families served. All youth / young adults and their families have the right to services free from abuse, neglect, exploitation, retaliation, and humiliation. They have the right to privacy and confidentiality. Youth / young adults and families have the right to determine their service needs and provider choice.
The purpose of this policy is to provide ethical person centered care that is in compliance with all applicable laws and professional standards.
This policy applies to all Cape Atlantic INK employees, interns, and volunteers and all youth / young adults and families served by Cape Atlantic INK.
Federal Register / Vol. 78 No. 17, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Rule 45 CFR Parts 160 and 164, CFR Part 2, NASW Code of Ethics, Cape Atlantic INK Corporate Compliance Policy, N.J.S.A. 10:73
Cape Atlantic INK youth / young adults and families are defined as youth / young adults who are receiving services from Cape Atlantic INK and their legal guardians when applicable.
- Cape Atlantic INK will train all employees, interns, and volunteers on the Youth / Young Adults and Families' Rights and Responsibilities (hereafter referred to as Rights and Responsibilities) Policy, Confidentiality of PHI and e-PHI Policy, Corporate Compliance Manual and NASW Code of Ethics at the time of hire and they will sign an agreement to uphold these policies.
- Care Managers will educate youth / young adults and their families about their Rights and Responsibilities at the Meet and Greet prior to the initiation of care management services and provide them with a written copy.
- Care Manager will document in the Meet and Greet progress note that they gave the youth / young adult and their family the written copy and educated them about their Rights and Responsibilities.
- The Care Manager will give the youth / young adult and their family a copy of the Rights and Responsibilities on an annual basis and document in the Annual CFT Note.
- Any youth / young adult or family who feels their rights have been violated are encouraged to follow the Grievance Procedure at Cape Atlantic INK as outlined in the Family Handbook.
Right to Change or Amend this Policy
Cape Atlantic INK reserves the right to change or amend this Policy with or without notice.